Biden 2020?

Biden+2020%3F

Lauren Lamar, Editor/Writer

During a recent interview, Joe Biden sparked rumors that he might be running for President in 2020. In fact, he even admitted that he would have run in 2016 if his family wasn’t going through some hard times. Biden’s son, Beau Biden, passed away in 2015 after a long struggle with brain cancer. Running a political campaign for the biggest office in government is straining, which is why Biden most likely made a good decision to sit back and wait for the next opportunity.

Aside from the interview that suggested a 2020 comeback, Biden is making rounds to pump people up for the future. His trip to George Mason University focused on the issue of rape of college campuses, which is a problem most politicians are too timid to address. This address to students was part of an initiative titled “It’s On Us,” which was curated by the Obama administration and still carried out today. The ultimate goal of the program is to discourage men from committing sexual assault and hold men responsible for their drunken actions.

Moreover, Biden returned to New Hampshire this week, which is a state known for big campaign stops. At his rally, he tackled issues like immigration and even suggested that the current political climate is only a phase. Hopefully his supporters will see to it that this “phase” is halted by a Biden presidency. His opponents argue that a 77-year-old president is a risky choice, but at the rate of the political agenda is moving it is crucial that politicians do everything they can to maintain stability. Joe Biden is certainly a uniting factor; bringing both republicans and democrats together in a time of concern.