The Annual Texas Renaissance Festival is here!

Harper Reaves, Writer/Editor

Teenagers dressed up like princes and princesses, archery booths, turkey legs, even people riding elephants! These are just some of the sights you see at the Annual Texas Renaissance Festival.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.50.37 AM
Some students riding an elephant at the festival.

But this year our Digital Photography, Theatre, Journalism, and Broadcasting classes took a field trip to the 2015 Texas Renaissance Festival! The photography class was tasked with taking pictures of the sights they saw, the broadcasting class did a news segment on the festival, journalism took pictures and wrote articles about the fair, and the theatre students did a small scene decked out in full festival garb. All of these classes then turned in their pieces into the respective Renaissance Festival contests!

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.50.48 AM
Breeana Aplin taking a try at throwing stars.

After the theatre class did their scenes, they were let loose onto the fair grounds to spend the day doing whatever they desired. One group came across a throwing stars booth. Breeana Aplin, a senior, took advantage and out of five stars, she was able to get three of them on the target.

But after all of the walking around, the kids had to eat! Between everyone from Northland, there were turkey legs, coconut waters, butter beer, funnel cake, and much more! The students also came back with many souvenirs, such as crowns, rings, stuffed animals, elf ears– you name it, they bought it!

Hopefully Northland will be able to go back next year, but in the meantime, they will reminisce on the good times they had while remembering  the great taste of that butter beer they once had.