The Amazing Coach Behind the Debate Team’s Success

The Northland Christina Debate team is so successful. In fact, our school is known for our Debate team! Every weekend the Debate team goes out and competes all around Texas and even all around the nation. Each person on the team is so talented and they love what they do. The Northland Debate team is always bringing home trophies and so many successes.

But, who is behind all of this success? The Debate team is coached by Courtney Coffman, also known as Coach Court. This is her fifth year teaching at Northland.  Coach Curt went to Northland when she was younger, she started in fourth grade until she graduated high school. Throughout her Northland experience, she loved Debate. She did debate all four years of high school and was skilled in Extemporaneous speaking and Lincoln-Douglas debate. When she graduated collage, she came back to Northland to coach the Debate team.

When asked what she loves about Northland, Coach Court responded by saying a few thoughtful words, “I love that Northland allows students to have a lot of different passions and be involved in a lot of things. You don’t have to focus on only one thing; instead, you can work on multiple things and be involved in a lot of extracurricular activities.”

Coach Court is so happy with her job and she loves Northland, proved by what she said next, “I love Northland! I think we have an amazing group of students, and I’m so thankful to work with the debate team–they are wonderful!”

But, coaching wonderful Debate team is not all that Coach Court does, she also helps put a lot at school by helping our principal and his assistant in the office. She is loved by many people for being a great person, and an amazing debate coach. What she does at Northland is what make us such a wonderful   school!

(Coach Court on right)