Brandon Kelly

Brandon, a senior, is finishing his senior year in high school here at NCS. He sat down with me and answer some of my questions before his graduation.

Brandon+Kelly

Héctor Rivas-Cabán, Writer

For us seniors, as the year progresses, it is one more day closer to graduation and to experience a whole new life style. Those last days are very precious to all of us, everyday has a little bit more meaning than the usual. The stress, uncontrollable, increases day by day. Which college are you attending? What is going to be your major? How excited are you about next year? Those are questions asked almost everyday by non-seniors. Soon enough all these questions will be answered. Therefore, I met up with a fellow senior classmate, Brandon Kelly, and asked him a couple of questions about senior year.

Héctor: Are you excited for the finality of this year (senior year)?

BrandonI am excited for the end. Senior trip, graduation, then summer. Oh my God! Héctor its gonna be great!

Héctor: I know, Brandon. It is going to be amazing this last couple of weeks. You know, something to think of other than college’s decisions, essay scholarships, and deadlines. Anyhow, I know a lot of people have already decided where they are going to go and are pretty much done with everything about colleges. I am not on that boat just yet. Therefore, I have been pretty stressful lately. Have you been experiencing that lately or are you relaxed about everything college related?

Brandon: I still have not made my college decision yet and I am still kinda stressed about that. Plus, senioritis has really kicked in so when I have tests and projects that I am not prepared for that kinda stresses me out, but not that much.

Héctor: Completely normal, man. That is very true as well. Senioritis is real. I thought it was just a thing that people used as an excuse to not do school work, but it is very real. It has not hit me hard but it has hit me nonetheless. Hopefully, I can finish this year before the motivation to succeed in grades completely derails. What do you want to do the most during this summer vacation before going to college?

Brandon: I need to make money so I will work and hang out with friends. Work hard, play hard.

Héctor: I should do the same thing. What aspect of college do you look forward to the most?

Brandon:  When it comes to school, I am already studying on my own and doing my own thing. What I am really looking forward to in college is starting my own adult life.

Héctor: Same here, man. Personally, I want to experience how it is to live alone. Anything you want to say about senior year and what is upcoming?

Brandon: It’s gonna go by fast so don’t sweat it. Life is too serious to be taken seriously so just like, you know chill out and enjoy the ride, but don’t forget to do your stuff because it will come back to bite you.

Héctor: Great advice for the next class. Alright, Brandon. Thank you so much for your time. We are very close to finishing this year off, so let’s finish out strong, my man.

There you have it guys. I want to say thanks to Brandon Kelly for his time and generosity to give me an interview.