Reasons Why People Don’t Get Into Relationships at Northland

Joanne Tiglao, Writer

If you look at the entirety of Northland, not that many people from our school alone are in relationships. Most students actually date people that go outside of Northland.

1. Growing up together

The first reason would be closeness. Many of the students at Northland have grown up with each other since they were in preschool or elementary. They know too much about that person and think of them as a sibling even. When you see a person everyday for several years, you never think about the romantically as much. However, usually you would see relationships more between newer students.

2. Lack of new students

There also has been a lack of new students enrolling in Northland. There has also been new students who came for a couple of weeks or a semester only. As mentioned earlier, students at Northland are more likely to date newer students at the school.

3. Population of the school

The size of our school is pretty small. It is approximately about 289 people on the secondary campus. It is likely that you are friends of people who date each other at Northland since it is such a small campus. Usually, you don’t date people that dated one of your friends, so this adds to the reason why people don’t date at Northland that often.

However, everyone can have different personal reasons as to why they do not want to date anyone.

An anonymous senior said, “Well honestly because I came in from public school, I see the relationships already built. I wouldn’t want to date anyone from Northland anyway, there’s no one that’s cute.”

People have different views as to why people don’t date, but this doesn’t mean that no one at Northland alone dates.