Why online dress code should be changed

Donovan Holcombe, Writer

I think that having to wear a uniform isn’t all bad but when it comes to me being at my own home there’s a line that just shouldn’t be crossed. Uniforms are good for school because there is no one that can just ignore the dress code without being seen. In online school you can just wear what you want or just put a hoodie over the Uniform. Also half the time are cameras are off so you really can’t see what someone is wearing. 

According to TrueText in 2017. Simply enforcing students to wear a uniform at school everyday, you can reduce bullying by 46 percent. However this is really good, but for online classes this is really useless. Why? Because you are not at school to get bullied so that effect is really useless in my opinion.

To me I think a dress code is really just uncomfortable to and for students. According to one district wide survey in Volusia County, Florida, nearly 70 percent of students said they were against a uniform policy. Kids and teens want to be able to express themselves and what other way to do that then showing it in their clothes. Also kids will start to understand other kids a lot better by some of the things they wear. Unlike every kid wears the same thing but have totally different goals in life. Also the school clothes don’t fit everyone the same not everybody has the same body type and that’s why I don’t believe in dress code because different brands even have different sizes in they’re clothes and i’m not talking about Small, Medium, Etc… what i’m saying is like big and tall and cloths that fit skinny people. You can’t just have a specific size that fits everyone one, one person medium can look totally different on someone else’s medium.