Fall Festival 2016

Ximena Reyna

On September 16 the most awaited and the most prestigious event at the Northland Christian campus finally happened. Fall Festival is the day that every kid and and parent from both elementary and secondary campuses come together to appreciate the bond that we have. At the infamous Fall Festival, each grade at the secondary campus is in charge of a specific amount of booths. The higher the grade level the more the booths (ex. 9th-2 booths, 12th-7+ booths). This years Fall Festival was a success, and I have the inside scoop on who did what and how it all went down!

The Freshman  had a blast working at Fall Festival for the very first time. Growing up at Northland every kid dreams of the day they  would be working booths at Fall Festival. The freshman class had a total of two booths, and by far the best ones. One of them, called the (human) “Whack-a-Mole”, a game in which three people stand under a table, that has three holes cut out. Someone is handed a noodle and is forced to hit them in the head as they duck and try to dodge the hit! Of course, everyone was well protected, they wore helmets to keep them safe and sound. Second, came “The Wrecking Ball”, it was a ride. In all honesty, this was everyones favorite ride/booth. On this ride people got spun in circles while rocking side to side. Fortunately, no one threw up and got sick but, in fact it was the complete opposite. Everyone loved it!

The Sophomore class of 2019 also had a very successful Fall Festival. Just like the freshman they were in charge of two specific booths. One of them being the “Claw Machine”. Doesn’t everyone love claw machines? This booth was great for every kid of every age! People loved to play at this booth because of how fun and satisfying it was to win. Their second booth was the “Madden 16 Football Challenge”. This game was a hit, especially with the elementary school boys. What boy doesn’t like football? The sophomore class had a blast this year at Fall Festival and both of their booths were a success.

When becoming a Junior, you have a bit more responsibility because you’re in charge of more than two booths. But this year, the Junior class really outdid themselves! One of their amazing games was the “Fun House”, an attraction that has appealed to everyone for years. Many people have loved this game since they were little. Getting candy thrown at you while you walk in a pitch black room is buckets of entertainment! Another booth they had was the “Pie In the Face”, this one is also many peoples favorite. You pay four tickets for a plate of whipped cream you can shove in someone’s face, how fun is that? A booth that really attracted every little boys attention was the “Reptile Exhibit”. Snakes, lizards and more! Of course this isn’t everyone’s favorite, but how cool would it be to say you’ve held a snake! This year was nothing but success for the Juniors as well.

Every year the Fall festival has a specific theme and t-shirt. The people in charge of that are the beloved seniors. The Seniors created an amazing theme for this years Fall Festival, “Let the Games Begin”. Although the lower classes have a good amount of booths, this year the senior class was in charge of over ten booths! The class of 2017 basically runs the show. The reason why our Fall Festival’s are always amazing, is because of how much time and effort the seniors put into it. What most people enjoy to do the most at Fall Festival is eat, the food is amazing! Again, the seniors took care of that this year and they did an amazing job picking out the perfect food to serve and feed everyone. Everyone of all shapes and sizes enjoyed their time and had an amazing Fall Festival.

As Fall Festival ended, everyone just started to think about next year’s. Because Fall festival is always a fun time for everyone, no one can wait for the following year’s! The high schooler’s this year did an outstanding job with their booths and games! The kids looked like they won the lottery! Next year is going to be even better. Fall Festival 2016, was so much fun and a complete success!