Is going to homecoming worth it?

Sara Zollo, Writer

Homecoming. An event hosted by Northland where all high schoolers are invited to have “fun”. Is it really worth going, though? The problem over the past years is that students come to say that homecoming is a waste of your time and money. Personally, I think it’s what you make of it. Though, I also have to agree with the side of those who don’t enjoy homecoming because it is pricey. Others say homecoming isn’t very “fun” and the music choices are “trash”.  Why are the music choices “trash”, you say? Well, for homecoming we get hired DJ’s who can only play certain songs and people tend to get upset about that.  Also, some people do not like the food that is catered because it is gross. On a positive side, homecoming can be a fun social event. For most freshmen, being asked and attending homecoming is a necessity. After freshman year, the number of attendees dwindles down. On the plus side, homecoming can be an amazing experience because students can buy outfits to wear, dance, socialize, and eat food. So what are the positives and negatives of attending? (All of this information is based on other people’s opinions)

Positive: experience, food, dancing, and a social event, buying clothes, being asked, being with friends

Negative: expensive, not fun/waste of time, terrible music selection, food is terrible,

For a more direct statement about homecoming, more of a personal opinion,one student said, “I personally don’t think dances are all that fun and I’d rather just chill at home or whatever then overpay for a dance where I’m just going to end up standing in a corner for the duration of the time listening to music that I hate.”

Overall, both sides weigh out so whether you want to go is your own decision. If any of you are interested, make sure to buy your tickets soon because homecoming is on October 14th!