Teachers Pose As Students? Times Have Changed

Sara Zollo

Much like the movie, 21 Jump Street, adults go undercover as teens in a high school environment. Though this situation is different. Adults of different backgrounds and reasons  go undercover as high school students for a whole semester to see what students dealing with right now to get more of an understanding. T.V. Show A&E Documentary Series show the struggles the students at the public school are dealing with.

During the whole semester, adults see one major problem. Social Media and the large use of cell phones. When the adults went to high school, phones weren’t used as much as they are now. With that, they saw lots of bullying and crap going down when some of the students were on their phones. Another problem they saw are problems that have been around for a couple of decades. These include: fights, disrespect behavior towards teachers, teen pregnancy, drugs, ect. They also saw a lot of angsty teens who felt lost, out of place, no one to talk to, unknowing what to do with their lives, you name it. All things typical of a high school teen.

Common phrases or things students use: 

Towards the end of the project, there was a better understanding of how the “teen society” is right now. A lot of the adults learned things about the semester spent and they thought it was worth it looking back.( You can probably find the series on the A&E website or on Youtube to look more on the topic.)