This year’s blood drive…

This years blood drive...

Emmalee Schraeder, Editor

On Wednesday, January 16th The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center will be on campus, and be set up between Building 7 and the football field.

There will be a selected amount of spots who are able to donate blood. In order to be able to donate blood you must be in good general health and you must bring a valid photo ID with you to donate blood.  Individuals at least 17 years old may be eligible to donate blood. If you are 16 years old, you may only donate with signed parental consent. If you are age 19 or older, you must weigh at least 110 pounds to donate blood. If you are between the ages of 16 and 18, you must weigh at least 122 pounds. Not only does your weight affect it but there is also many other things that might affect you giving blood such as traveling outside of the United States, taking medication, and etc. All of the other questions can be found on http://www.giveblood.org/donorguidelines/.

While talking about the drive the head of chair Senior Natalie Kubosh said, ” I believe we did well this time around. My goal was to have a least 40 people sign up and we had 34 which is extremely close.” It has been said that every time the blood center comes to Northland they set a goal, and this years goal for the blood center was 18 and they ended up beating that goal! Senior Meredith Hinkle said, ” This time around it didn’t hurt as much as my last time I gave blood. ” In conclusion, it seems like the blood drive was overall a huge success! Hopefully next time when they come it goes great!