Figuring Things Out With Marshall

An Anticipated Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

Figuring Things Out With Marshall

Marshall Ingram, Editor

It is the beginning of February, and you know what that means, baseball season. Specifically, the Northland Christian Cougars’ season. Northland has always been a solid program. With players going off to college to play and going to playoffs consistently, the Cougars have everything that resembles a good program. The Cougs’ are looking to keep that legacy going into this year with the same mindset, and the same intensity.

Northland Christian has made it to playoffs 6 of its last 8 years. In 2017, the Cougars made it to the state tournament, but lost in the semi-final game 4-3. Three of NCS’ seniors that year went on to play in college. Last year, in 2018, Northland made it to playoffs, but lost in the first round to the second seeded team in the Austin District. The Cougars are looking to rewrite last year, but in a better way. Senior pitcher and infielder for the Cougars, Landon Murray, said,”It’s my senior season, and I just want to end my high school career on a high note. It would be awesome to win district and make a deep run in the playoffs.” I think everyone is hoping for that this year. If the Cougars just trust the process and bond with each other, then they can go very far.

The NCS Cougars are about to begin their 2019 baseball season. With experience from the starters, and the legacy of the program, the Cougars have what it takes to make a competitive season this year. There are seniors who want it, and underclassmen who are willing to follow them. Will the Cougs’ make it far this year? We can only wait and watch what happens.

Source: Landon Murray

About the Writer
Marshall Ingram, Editor

On February 10, 2002, an angel was born into this world. His name is Marshall Ingram. Marshall was born and raised in Houston Texas. He is 16 years old,...