Soccer Heading to Playoffs!

Emmalee Schraeder, Editor

It just seems like yesterday that Winter sports just started. As February approaches, soccer playoffs are beginning  to start. First Varsity boys will start off then Girls will happen next week.

The boys soccer will have a game , vs. New Braunfels Christian on Saturday, February 9th at 5pm.  This game will be at home at the Northland stadium. Admission will be free, and plus there will be Mingo’s Latin Kitchen Food which is a food Truck and will be there from 5 to 6pm. Tickets for free food and drinks will be given to students on Friday at the pep rally. Once the tickets are used up, additional food or drinks can be purchased with cash.

The girls soccer team will also be playing New Braunfels Christian which will be at 220 FM 1863, 78132 for their playoff game on Tuesday, February 12th at 5pm. We will provide a fan bus for any high school students wanting to attend. The fan bus will depart at 1pm. The absence waiver form must be turned in by 3:20 on Monday, February 11th, for anyone hoping to ride the fan bus.

Coach Van Hook recently said, ” We are so proud to have our boys’ and girls’ soccer programs competing in the TAPPS State Playoffs!” Many people are excited especially after the boys team won district after several years! Hopefully both the girls and boys soccer team go far in playoffs!