The Freshman Phenom

Marshall Ingram, Editor

One thing that everyone loves, no matter what sport they prefer, are slam dunks. If anyone has been watching Duke’s, freshman phenom, Zion Williamson they have seen plenty of them. There is something about a human being able to jump 40 some odd inches that is just amazing. His talent is not only limited to dunking, also. Williamson is arguably the best player in the NCAA. His talent is great enough to carry Duke to a national championship. Even though some people may not be a Duke fan; a part of them still wants to see this kid continue his tear all the way through the season.

Experts say that Zion Williamson is this generations’ LeBron James. He has shown unreal athleticism, and a clutch mindset like no other. Williamson is so much bigger than anyone else that they play. Williamson sits at a large 6’7, and a solid 280 pounds. He is a strong side defensive end playing basketball. The freshman averages a stunning 21.6 points per game with 8.8 rebounds per game. He jumps greater than a 40 inch vertical leap, which can explain why he gets so many rebounds. The true freshman has been shooting an impressive 68.3% from field goal range. This phenom has set the nation on fire with his dunks as well. The 360’s, 180’s, windmills and just being vicious at the rim has set twitter on fire. Needless to say, Williamson is already a must-watch player. There is only more to come.

With Duke on their run to the end of a promising season, a good amount of their success is credited to Zion Williamson. He has been the backbone of the team since he stepped on the court for his first game. If Williamson keeps playing his best game, the team can make a huge run through March Madness. It might end up in a national championship with Duke’s name on it. One can only wait and see what is in store for this young player and team.

About the Writer
Marshall Ingram, Editor

On February 10, 2002, an angel was born into this world. His name is Marshall Ingram. Marshall was born and raised in Houston Texas. He is 16 years old,...