The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

What Is Easter To Me

Getty Images
    Easter background with colorful eggs on Wood background with text Happy Easter

What Easter is to me and how my family celebrates it

When I was a kid easter was always something that mattered when it came around. we’d have a family get together and we would do something fun like hang out go on an Easter egg hunt and have a big family dinner. As we got older it didn’t seem to matter as much because we were growing up. I think it’s still an important holiday though even though it’s become a little less appreciated.

Easter for me now is kinda just a waist of time. I live in Texas and my family is in Michigan so there wouldn’t be much of a reasoning to celebrate anyway. Plus it just wouldn’t be the same as when I was a little kid. most of my family wouldn’t be celebrating because of covid and all the cousins I would normally hand out with during easter would be either out of state or just grown up so they wouldn’t have time for it and neither would I.  That doesn’t mean it’s pointless.

The holiday maybe something I grew out of but I think it’s important for the next generation to grow up at least knowing what it is. As we grow older it’s our job to teach the younger generations the importance of the holiday rather than discarding it entirely. Easter has a bigger meaning to it than most kids think.

My family always thought it was important to make sure we knew the meaning of easter. Each year my grandma would normally remind us the reason why easter is a holiday we celebrated and told us a short story. For the most part we would listen but then we mostly only cared about doing the Easter egg hunt. My cousins and I normally always enjoyed those. I didn’t even eat eggs but I’d still go and do it.

I’m not sure what my family would be doing for easter but if they celebrated it would either be a simple get together or we might just grab a couple people and enjoy not having to go to school or work. We’d only have Easter egg hunt and stuff if there were still kids. We should always keep in mind that easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus and easter is a day to appreciate what he did for us. This is a fun way for kids to know actually have a little bit of an understanding of who Jesus is without being bored in a church listening to a guy talk on a podium for three hours.