Are Northland Sport Uniforms Modern and Fresh?

September 7, 2018, at Northland Christian School

Are Northland Sports Uniforms more Modern and Fresh? Athletic Director, Coach Vanhook said “I think many of our sports uniforms exceed what we see other schools wear. Our ability to customize uniforms often has us looking sharp!”

Modern and Fresh, means to be recent or new! I asked two students from two different sports their opinion on this situation! I interviewed a Freshman who wants to stay anonymous and here is her response!

Do you think Northland should get new sports uniforms?

“Yes!! However, we are working on doing that, so that’s good,” Anonymous said.

Why do you think Northland should get new sports uniforms?

Anonymous went on to say, “In order to uphold “excellence”, we must excel in everything. That includes our appearances, which is also sport uniforms”

What is the main sport that really needs the uniforms??

Anonymous responded by saying, “Ummm a lot of the forgotten sports. Softball and swimsuits as well.”

How do you feel when you wear sports uniforms from the previous years?

“Tbh, kinda gross. Maybe not if they’re a year old, but 5+ years is actually really unsanitary.” Anonymous said.

After interviewing Anonymous, I interviewed Freshman Danielle Rangel!

Rangel explains, “I think that Track should get new uniforms, and I felt awkward in the previous jerseys!”

After hearing the students opinion, I decided to ask some Coaches questions. I interviewed Coach Carolyn Lemm, let us see some of her responses!

How long have the track team had their uniforms?

Coach Lemm replied saying, “Middle School and High School Track have been having their sports uniforms for two years so far.”

How do they compare to other school uniforms?

“In the middle of the road, we are exceptionally better but we don’t have worse,” she said.

After interviewing Coach Lemm, I then decided to ask Coach Vanhook some questions! To see what his plans are for the future with the Sports Uniforms!

How long has Northland had their uniforms?

Coach Vanhook replied saying, “We try to replace uniforms every 3-4 years. Some of our MS uniforms are in need of replacement, and we hope to do that in the Spring.”

“I think many of our sports uniforms exceed what we see other schools wear. Our ability to customize uniforms often has us looking sharp!” he said.

Have you ever thought about asking the students their opinion about the uniforms?

He then went on to say, “Our head coaches often pull athletes in to show them uniform designs. Their input is very useful.”

Can we have a fundraiser for new uniforms?

“Yes! It would help the schools budget. However, a fundraiser would be put to better use for a project like a freshman class did this Summer, helping update the cafeteria,” Vanhook said.