The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

Northland Varsity Football With Another Win

Maegan Forsyth
    Northland offensive lines up against the defense

The Northland varsity football team has come out with another victorious game! Friday on 9/5/23, the team traveled up to New Braunfels to earn that sweet 3-1 record. With the score of 47 to 7, it showed that the team was ready for that game. Even though the team was traveling to a new field, that didn’t seem to stop them from their goal to win.

Å junior, Galvis Watkins said, “The game started off really slow, we came out very complacent. They put up 1 score against us and them we locked in and became who we were and only let them score once. After they made that touchdown, we bought into our gameplay with our leaders like Micah, Brody, Gavin, Riley, and myself. Coming out and scoring, and getting the dub with the best defense in TAPPs in my opinion.” Right guard, Gavin said, “I feel like we started slow but we were sorta finding our groove and playing northland football, our game. I feel like Hallettsville is a tough team but if we play sound and play physical, we can come out with the win. Brody was a big key player, keeping everyone composed and keeping everyone together on the first drive and just setting the tone.”

This Friday, the northland cougars will be traveling to Hallettsville to play on 9/22/23 at 7:00 pm. Currently, Halletsville has a 4-0 record compared to Northland’s 3-1 record. Let’s see if the northland cougars are ready take on Hallettsville. One this is certain, this game is gonna be good.