The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

Israel At War With Hamas

Credit to livemint.com
    https://www.livemint.com/news/india/israelpalestine-war-india-has-always-believed-in-an-independent-state-of-palestine-mea-says-11697116934116.html
    Credit to livemint.com

On the date of 10/7/23, a jewish sabbath day, Hamas and other armed militant groups launched a surprise attack on Israel. This attack was stated to be named “Operation al-Aqsa Flood” consisting of land and air attacks into multiple border areas. In response, Israel formally declared war and gave the go ahead on “significant military steps.” A further response stated that a “total blockade” will be impossed on the Palestine enclave.

According to CNN, “Hamas is an islamic organization with a military wing. It came into existence in 1987 as an offshoot of the Muslin Brotherhood. “Hamas” is an acronym for “Harakat Al-Muqawama Al-Islamiyya” that in english, means “Islamic Resistance Movement.” It is this organization who considers Israel an illegitimate state.”

pbs.org has stated that the “Israel military has told over one million. Gaza residents to leave there homes in advance of further airstrikes and an expected ground operation in retaliation for last Saturday’s Hamas terror attacks in Israel.” This is a good thing for the residents of Gaza because the Israeli government is trying to reduce as many civilian casualties as they can. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has also said this this is “only the beginning.”