The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

Northland Student Highlight

Gerson Pineda and a promising young soccer career
Gerson+Pineda
NCS
Gerson Pineda

Ninth grader Gerson Pineda is a great soccer player. He plays Club soccer and also plays for the high school Varsity team.

Gerson said he loves soccer because it is something he loves doing ever since he was little. He plays around 6 times and on Sundays his uncle invites him to play Sunday league for his team. His biggest inspiration are his cousins and his family. Gerson’s goal is to become a professional soccer player.

Gerson plays in the midfield, mainly as an attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder. He plays for Aspire Football Club, and he also used to play for 2 other teams, Barcelona SC and Score Teams. His biggest achievements so far for him, is that his still able to play the sport he loves.

Gerson passing the ball (Giovanni Amezquita)

His favorite soccer team is Spanish footballing giant, FC Barcelona. His favorite players of all time are Argentinian Legend Diego Maradona, Salvadorian Legend Magic Gonzalez, and Honduran Legend, Ramon ‘Prim’ Maradiaga.

Gerson is also a great Cross Country runner, which helps him become a better soccer player.