Do students prefer online or in school learning?

Now that several weeks have passed since the first day of school, many students at Northland Christian has returned from virtual learning. I asked two students about their experience. Is virtual learning more difficult? Was the first day of virtual learning easy? I asked Juniors, Maddie Leard and Dion Grisnold about their experience transitioning from virtual to in school learning.

“My transition back to school was weird because it felt like the first day of school for me but everyone else had already been going to school for weeks so nothing was new for them,” Leard replied.

Grisnold expressed that his first day back to school was weird, “but it felt normal after the first week.”

As everyone knows, there are the struggles of starting school once again. Leard also states one of her daily struggles coming to school now, “The biggest challenge for me now that I am back at school has been waking up early in the morning to get to school on time instead of just right before school starts.”

When asked if they preferred virtual or in school learning, Leard explains how great it feels to be back in class learning face to face instead through a computer but prefers in school learning. Leard continues, “I prefer in school learning because it is easier to communicate with my teachers and I get to spend more time with my friends.”

Dion also went on to say, “In school learning because I have a list of goals I need to accomplish before basketball and track season this year.”

Now that some students are back from virtual learning, it seems most students actually prefer in school learning. There are pros and cons to both but in school learning is better without all the technical issues that are faced day to day.