A Journey to the Texas Renaissance Festival

Sara Zollo, Writer

After a somewhat long awaited trip, I arrived at the enchanting Renaissance Festival. That day was special because it was a declared school day for students only. When you walk in through the student-packed entrance, you come across many different shops, foods places, and many other interesting finds.

When you walk through the renaissance-themed town, you find there are many food places. This was amongst my favorite things because I absolutely love food. I decided on getting sausage and a chocolate ice cream cone in total costing “eight pounds!” Also, if you happen to go on a specialized renaissance school day, the prices tend to go lower.

Walking through the streets of the town, you’ll also find very cute shops where you can buy jewelry, costumes, candles, and lots more! I happened to stop at a gypsy costume shop and posed for the camera as I was dressed as a gypsy. You will also find fun rides and entertainment such as rock wall climbing, riding either an elephant or a camel, watching plays, tarot reading, and lots of other fun activities.

One of the best things about the festival was that the workers got into character. They wore amazing costumes, were very friendly, and also added an accent to spice up their character as a whole. Another among my favorites was being able to wear fun costumes. Wearing a costume made the environment come more alive.

Overall, the experience of going to the renaissance was very delightful. I don’t want to spoil too much before you get to take a trip yourself. So next time you’re wondering what to do on a weekend, why not take a trip to the renaissance festival? Hurry though! The Texas Renaissance Festival is open September 30th-November 26! https://www.texrenfest.com