The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

School Flooding

School+Flooding

Northland for a long time has had flooding problems. Northland Christian has been around for a long time, since 1974 to be exact. It has been through many actual natural disasters. Yet, the campus still floods during heavy rainstorms. But one major question why?

“Low spots, we need to have our big drains cleared out as they take most of the water out. Low spots throughout our campus are being addressed through Mr. Bemiller’s office, specifically between building 4 and 5. We are fortunate that the rain came over a span of a few days rather than all at once. Mr Bemiller is responsible for our maintenance, getting stuff fixed. Him and I actually talked about getting a drain between building 4 and 5 and addressing the low spots. Mr Bemiller has a written indication of where those areas are. The biggest problem with me is the cafeteria door. We are in the process of getting it fixed.”

Next year will mark Northland’s 50th anniversary. However, it seems that the problems are being addressed. So while low spots seem to be a problem for our campus. Time will well on how the situation is managed.