The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

Tales of Tuition

New penalty for early withdrawal

Tuition is nine times out of ten a big thing about private schools. It not only affects parents financially but affects the students physically. Parents want the best education for their children but also are plagued with the responsibility of paying tuition.

Northland has added a “penalty” for withdrawal of a Northland student and or students based on a certain period of time. This is to promote a decision according to Head of School, Mr Laken.

According to Head of School Mr Laken, “At Northland 85-90% of tuition goes toward salary and benefits. The school sets its tuition rate for next year, then we have to let the parents know the tuition rate. The reason we want to know if a child and or children are coming back is so that we can plan for accommodating the staff for the upcoming school year. We don’t want your withdrawal fee, what we want is a decision. The penalties are to help promote a decision to return to Northland sooner rather than later.” 

Overall, these fees seem to encourage a decision and or communication early. The reasoning for this is is so the school can budget for the next year. That concept will help plan for staff accommodations for the next year. It seems the school wants a decision, not the withdrawal fee.