The Best Team: Bama

Marshall Ingram, Writer

The Alabama Crimson Tide is often considered the best team in college football. They proved that once again this year. The Tide are the 2017-2018 college football national champions. People watch Alabama and ask, “How are they so good?” I think that is what opposing coaches ask at least once or twice when facing Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide. That is the million dollar question, but Alabama makes sure people keep asking that question.

With this year being the 3rd consecutive year with the Alabama Crimson Tide in the national championship, there had to be some type of drama. The Tide would have to play the SEC champions, the Georgia Bulldogs. The game was played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. The Bulldogs clearly had home-field advantage, although Alabama has a good traveling crowd. At halftime, Bama was in a hole trailing 13-0. With Jalen Hurts struggling going ⅜ for only 21 yards Coach Saban was looking to make a change. He put true freshman, Tua Tagovailoa, in the game. He had not made a meaningful appearance all year. Nick Saban had his tying record for Bear Bryant on the line. Tua led the Tide to a comeback for the ages. He led them to overtime to throw a 41-yard game winning pass to Deandre Smith. Alabama rushed the field with joy because of the new championship.

Nick Saban tied Bear Bryant for the most national championships with 6. This is the 3rd consecutive year with the Crimson Tide in the championship. Each year they prove that they’re one of the best teams in the nation. Saban has also proved that he is one of the best coaches of all time. As the Tide rushed the field with joy they knew that they had accomplished a lot more than just a win.