Filed under Student Life

~Thinking about Summer~

Back to Article
Back to Article

~Thinking about Summer~

As of right now, it’s about to be February! You know what that means, four more months till’ Summer! As I miss my summer break, school has been sort of…. stressful! Dealing with Practices, Studying, Orchestra, and lots of games! Let’s come to the conclusion that I am tired!

Now that February is around the corner, Track is about to begin. Which means double practices for me! Track practice by morning and soccer practice by evening! As of right now, my legs still feel sore! Yes, I love both of these sports, but they also come with a price, which leads to my next topic!

I never have enough time to do homework or to study. On an average day that I have practice, I get home around six to relax, eat, study, and do homework. The problem is that the time that I am relaxed and already ate, its usually eight p.m. Which means staying up a little bit longer. As I stay up to do these tasks, it would be right about ten p.m. Yes, ten p.m. That’s usually when I’m done with homework and studying, but when it comes to a game… that’s a totally different story.

For an average game day, I would usually get home at around six to seven p.m. depending on the location! So for me to complete all my homework and to study would at least be two to three hours max! Usually, after a long game, I would be extremely tired. Previously on one of my recent games, I fell asleep while doing my math homework. That is something I wouldn’t do.

Another thing that I focus on is Orchestra. In this semester, I have to practice for this important trio that we have to perform! Which conflicts with my sports! As I ride on buses to games and practices, I usually have no time to practice! But recently I just came up with the best idea. I decided that I will leave my new violin at Northland and my old violin at home to use and practice with! So every morning, I never struggle to hold my backpack, gym bag, and violin.

As all of this eventful things happen in my life! It makes me want Summer to come really fast! But as for right now, I will have to keep on dreaming about it.

About the Writer
Trinity Polk, Writer

On June 9, 2004, Trinity was born in Houston, Texas. Trinity has attended two schools. For six years, she attended Champions Christian Academy then...