The student news site of Northland Christian School

The Claw

The Claw

The Claw

Astros Spring Training interview with Will

Today, I was able to interview a fellow Northland student named William Vogt about the Astros’ young 2021 season and the Spring Training games that will start in a few days. I asked him a few simple questions, mainly about his thoughts on the teams’ success in the 2020 postseason and hoe thoughts on the 2021 season.

Firstly, I asked him on his thoughts on the new guys that will have their chance to break out during March, and Will was sold on Myles Straw. He told me he thinks he could develop into a great leadoff hitter if he improves his average, he could be be a great player, especially with his elite speed. Straw has talked about taking advantage of the opportunity that has been laid upon him recently, so hopefully he will be able to capitalize.

Another question I shot at him was who he thought this year’s MVP and team ace will be. He told me that he believes Carlos Correa will solidify his place as this year’s team leader and have himself a career year, hopefully after receiving a lengthy extension. Lance McCullers Jr. was his prediction for the team’s ace over the more heavily chosen Framber Valdez by most other Astros fans. He told me that he also believed that McCullers will have a career year and flourish as this team’s ace, carrying us to another division title.

None of these predictions are far-fetched at all, as many of the players he mentioned could easily reach their ceilings this year and ball out for the team, but the execution all relies on nobody but the players. Here’s to a 2021 to remember!