Should Teacher Carry Guns?

Mallory Murray, Writer

There has been a debate for years if teachers should carry guns in their class room. Many people agree and some disagree for several different reasons. Education Week states, “The idea of arming teachers—or loosening state restrictions to allow concealed-carry permit holders to bring guns into schools—is often circulated after school attacks.” This school is for having guns in schools. The same website, Education week states, “Knowing there are guns in school will create more anxiety, not less. Bringing weapons into school invites more possible harm. Students need to feel safe and so do students in order to do their jobs well.” This shows that there is an opposite side of it.

In my opinion, I believe that teachers should not be able to carry guns because I feel like it would cause more problems. I feel like something would go wrong and it would cause more violence. I understand that the reason would be to keep the students safe, but there is a lot more to look into. I believe schools should have more security and more police and armed people walking around if they are that concerned.

People have different opinions about his topic. Jackson Winder states, “No, They are not necessarily  trained to carry guns. If they are trained they still can lead to violence.” Andy Huynh states, “They should not be able to carry guns because there is more potential to violence than protection.” and Riley Frank states, “I am not sure, I don’t think it is something that we will see anytime soon. I don’t have an answer.” There has been a debate for years if teachers should carry guns in their class room. Many people agree and some disagree for several different reasons.